When I was preparing for my darling little girl, I was so confident she would not get nappy rash. I did everything to find information on the subject including watching people wipe their children for tips on YouTube. So much so that I didn’t even buy any nappy rash cream.
- INDIGESTION… PLEASE DEAR LORD GET OUT OF MY RIBS! ;3;
- … Ice cream.
It’s the final countdown. Well… maybe. If I’m not late. But yes, one week until the baby’s due date and I’ve gotten my nursing covers! I’m still walking, still moving, still working at home. I feel just as I did a few weeks ago and the baby is still snugged tightly in what feels like my rib cage. My midwife has informed me that her head is apparently pretty far down and that she’s a pretty long baby… so I fear my dreams of having her magically dropping down one day to relieve me of my indigestion for a few days have been tarnished somewhat.
- Still have the burning at the top of my bump
- Indigestion goodness
- Pretty emotional
- Nothing really at the moment
Stretchmarks are often feared as the sort of boogeymen of pregnancy. They’re often associated with weight gain in pregnancy and, unfortunately, are notoriously hard to get rid of post pregnancy.
- I have a lot of burning sensations at the top of my bump which apparently means, the baby is bruising me… greeeeat.
- Itchy hands and feet have subsided
- Feeling emotional as all hell.
- I want a salmon and cream cheese salad right now.
So my first week of maternity leave is over and I’ve been busier than ever. Didn’t they say I should be relaxing?… well obviously relaxing is just not in my vocab right now.
- Itchy hands and feet – Doctors have done a blood test and don’t see anything wrong for the moment
- random spurts of energy then fatigue.
- Mint stuff. I REALLY love mint chocolate ice cream.
- Cereal again ;3;
We’re almost at the finishing line and with that in mind I decided to share with you all my baby checklist! These are things that I’ve either already bought or are planning to buy in the near future for our baby. I’ve based this lists around other lists I’ve found around the internet and added/omitted where I saw fit. With that being said, I am a first time mom, and even if that weren’t the case, this is not the be all end all of baby checklists!
- Have a bit of a cold along with my usual congestion.
- Gas Pains
- Just give me food and I’m happy..
I held off for as long as I could, but now I present to you the damage I have inflicted to my bank account: My Baby Clothes Haul! I swore I wouldn’t fall into the trap of “nesting”, but really guys, I just have to have every baby thing necessary.
- Massive gas pains
- Cookies <3
We’re heading into the last few weeks of pregnancy which means it’s birth planning time! I think some gals have probably already planned their births right down to the type of linens they want in the room, well, I’m a bit of a procrastinator, but 34 weeks I guess is better time than ever to go through what my ideal birth would be especially after my first antenatal course which focused all around, you guessed it, birth!
- Out of breath lots.
- THE HUNGER
- FOOD…. Yup… about it.
Let me tell you about my Snuzpod. So I saw this little guy early on in my pregnancy. I’ll preface this by saying that I’m not an active attachment parenting mom, however I do want to have my baby close to me in the early bit of the pregnancy especially considering that we’re planning on breastfeeding and I didn’t want to have to run through the house to get the baby all sorted and settled… So when I saw this little guy on a review site, I immediately was just like, damn, I need to have this.
- My fatigue from the 1st trimester is back… bring on the 200g/day of caffiene!
- I can’t sit for longer than an hour and a half due to pain
- Getting a bit of pressure in my lower half…
- Gas pain, woots.
- Nothing at the moment, but I’m definitely looking forward to my vegan wraps at lunch time
For some odd reason, most stores seem to believe that just because I’m having a girl, it means that I want to deck her out with pink. Pink stockings, pink dresses, pink sleepwear, pink snowsuits… and so on. This is my statement to all companies making clothing for babies: Please use colors other than pink.
- Kicks so many kicks
- Urge to buy everything baby
- Don’t know if it’s a craving, but I’m really getting into Vegan recipes atm
I am now 31 weeks pregnant which means it’s time to start getting all of our stuff sorted for the arrival of our munchkin. The only issue is, we cannot for the life of us decide on a pram/travel system.